Friday, June 15, 2007

The Secret Reasons Men Argue

1. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she gets upset over the smallest things I do or don't do. I feel criticized, rejected, and unaccepted.

1. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel accepted just the way he is. Instead he feels she is trying to improve him.

2. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she starts telling me how I should do things. I don't feel admired. Instead I feel like I am being treaded like a child.

2. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel admired. Instead he feels put down.

3. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she blames me for her unhappiness. I don't feel encouraged to be her knight in shining armor.

3. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel encouraged. Instead he feels like giving up.

4. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she complains about how much she does or how unappreciated she feels. It makes me feel unappreciated for the things I do for her.

4. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel appreciated. Instead he feels blamed, unacknowledged, and powerless.

5. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she worries about everything that could go wrong. I don't feel trusted.

5. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel trusted and appreciated for his contribution to her security. Instead he feels responsible for her anxiety.

6. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she feels hurt by what I say. I feel mistrusted, misunderstood, and pushed away.

6. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel accepted and trusted. Instead he feels rejected and unforgiven.

7. Hidden Reasons He is Arguing

I don't like it when she expects me to read her mind. I can't It makes me feel bad or inadequate.

7. What he needs not to Argue

He needs to feel approved of and accepted. Instead he feels like a failure.

No comments: